Product standards, regulation and technical, policy and strategy documents
BEAMA is the national leader in the development of technical product standards for the electricity supply chain. As the leading representative for manufacturers in this sector, we send more delegates to national and international standards committees than any other UK trade association. We help members understand what is required of distributed energy storage infrastructure and define the technical requirements to deliver appropriate solutions.
BEAMA is leading and coordinating industry work to define the technical requirements and product standards for smart charging. Members will:
- Define appropriate levels of interoperability of smart energy devices, systems and services
- Lead UK industry engagement with European and international standards activities
- Help members influence and understand the implications of the European Energy Performance of Buildings Directive (EPBD), to be brought into UK law early 2020
- Use our influence to ensure the EPBD is correctly interpreted in UK regulations
- Engage at the highest levels on behalf of members to promote sensible cyber security practice and regulation
BEAMA is a member of the Electricity Storage Health and Safety Governance Group, the MCS Battery Storage Working Group, and many relevant SAP groups including the SAP Industry Forum Home Energy Storage Working Group.