Net Zero Week: Schneider Electric announces promising start of its Sustainability Impact program
05 July 2022
July 2nd to 8th is Net Zero Week 2022. As part of this event BEAMA is hosting a webinar looking at our members progress towards Net Zero. One member of the panel on this webinar will be Eloise Cotton of Schneider Electric, who will be discussing their Sustainability program.
Schneider Electric announces promising start of its Sustainability Impact program
- 2021-2025 program launched a year ago delivers on first year expectations
- 2021 progress was pivotal in setting up key transformation
Schneider Electric, the leader in the digital transformation of energy management and automation, made a promising start on its Schneider Sustainability Impact (SSI) program in 2021, marking the end of this ambitious program’s first year.
The 2021-2025 SSI program, launched on the same day in January 2021 that Schneider Electric was recognized as the world’s most sustainable corporation by Corporate Knights, is designed to boost Schneider’s efforts in fighting climate change and social inequality, through 11 global transformations complemented by many local commitments. Throughout 2021, key transformative programs have been put in place to ensure successful progress towards the program’s 2025 targets. Schneider Electric discloses its progress in meeting the SSI goals each quarter, together with its financial results.
Sustainability impact highlights
Schneider Electric pursued its ambitious decarbonization goals, by deploying services and solutions to deliver energy efficiency and sustainability while guiding customers, partners, and suppliers on rapidly reducing their emissions.
- In 2021, Schneider’s EcoStruxure solutions helped customers reduce their carbon emissions by 84 million tonnes which amount to 347 million tonnes saved or avoided since 2018.
- In October 2021, Schneider Electric launched the Energize program, to increase access to renewable energy for the supply chains of 10 global pharmaceutical companies.
- Since kicking off The Zero Carbon Project in April 2021, Schneider Electric continues to work closely with 1,000 of its top suppliers to halve their operational carbon emissions by 2025.
Schneider Electric has a responsibility to its people and the communities it serves to boost equal opportunities, gender diversity and inclusion and support every generation.
- Schneider Electric solutions for rural electrification ensured that another 4 million people were able to access safe, clean and reliable electricity in 2021.
- As of 2021, the Schneider Electric Foundation has now helped local NGO partners train 300,000 people in energy management.
- In 2021, over 200 initiatives have been set up by Schneider’s locally run organizations to support positive change in the countries and regions where it is active.
Schneider Electric finished the year with an SSI score of 3.92 out of ten, exceeding expectations by going beyond the 3.75 target set for this first full year of the five-year program.
Sustainability recognition highlights
In 2021, Schneider Electric, was crowned Net-Zero Champion 2021 by the French Chamber of Great Britain. Part of the Franco-British Business Awards, the title recognises Schneider Electric as an organisation going above and beyond to champion Net-Zero.
In selecting the 2021 Net-Zero Champion, the French Chamber of Great Britain was looking for an organisation to demonstrate a tangible, significant and verifiable transformation plan to achieve Net-Zero. Schneider Electric impressed the jury, which included the Chair of the Climate Change Committee, Lord Deben, with the scope of its initiatives and its work to reduce carbon emissions throughout its supply chain.
Sustainability and accelerated decarbonisation are embedded in Schneider Electric’s company culture and business model, winning many awards for its work to help accelerate the world’s transition to net-zero. In addition to success at the Franco-British Business awards, Schneider Electric’s most recent sustainability awards include recognition from:
- Schneider Electric recognized in Corporate Knights’ Global 100 for the 11th year in a row and on its Carbon Clean 200 list for the 7th year
- Schneider Electric won Best Value Chain Engagement at the EcoVadis Sustainable Procurement Leadership Awards 2022
- The Ethisphere® Institute names Schneider Electric as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies 2022 for the 11th year
- Schneider Electric’s commitment to DEI recognized by Bloomberg’s Gender-Equality Index for fifth year in a row
- Schneider Electric listed in Equileap’s Gender Equality Global Ranking 2022
- Schneider Electric lands on Fortune’s 2022 World’s Most Admired Companies list for the fifth year in a row
Find highlights of Schneider’s Sustainability Impact program in 2021 full-year report, as well as additional details on our progress to date in the first-quarter 2022 report.